Update: ultra mobile has launched its services. Read our December 19th news coverage on ultra mobile, a T-mobile mvno for details.
Ultra is a new kind of mobile service for the US. We want to get rid of calling cards and include international calling in all our monthly plans. For $49 a month, you get:
- Unlimited Talk & Global Text to 190 Countries
- Unlimited Data with 1GB at up to 4G Speeds
- $20 Free International Calling at Amazing Rates
It’s the international calling that is really going to set us apart. On our $49 plan, you’ll get 1000 minutes of calling to India, China, Mexico, Europe landlines, and a ton of other destinations. Calling to the rest of the world is priced better than calling cards.
We aren’t using access numbers for this either. You’ll call overseas using international direct dial. Just dial 011 + the country code and the number right from your keypad. With international direct dial you can call from your address book or return a missed call.
We want to make sure that our international long distance is great, so we are testing our routing by giving away free international calls:
Dial (626) 200-4136 To Make A Free International Call
- When prompted, dial 011 + the country code and the number you want to call.
- We’ll connect you for free. No strings attached. You are helping us test our service. Thanks!
- 626 is a Southern California area code.
Because this is a test:
- Most of the world is open, but we are blocking some countries where we are happy with our routing already: India, Cuba, Somalia, Nigeria – Mobile, Egypt – Mobile, and Philippines – Manila are all blocked already. More countries will get blocked as we get routing sorted for them.
- We’ll be giving calling away until we get enough test data in, then turn it off for a bit to make changes, then turn it back on. Keep trying if it’s not working at a certain point in time.
- Quality to certain destinations might be poor. We are giving away calls because we need help evaluating carriers and routes. Some of these routes might be really bad. We’ll eliminate them and add better carriers as the test goes on. The goal is that by our launch in October, we’ll have awesome international calling.
The test may run for a couple days, or it may run for a week. When it’s over, we’ll have this post on FreeCallsHub.com updated.
Thanks for helping Ultra Mobile, and look for our launch in October.
Update: Dear All, Chris informed us that they are done with the test and there will be no more free calls using this method any more. He did not forget to thank you, the readers of CorVoIP, for helping his team test their new services. Please be on the lookout for Ultra Mobile. Chris is the man behind IndiaLD and he sure will bring a great solution for phone calls to India and rest of the world straight from your Ultra Mobile phone.