Vonage is undoubtedly a big dog in the VoIP industry, with the recent move to enter the prepaid calling cards business they are now competing with a whole new gamut of service providers. They have a large user base in multiple countries even though their prices are on the higher end. The reason for their customer retention is that their customers are loyal to them and would not switch. The reason for this loyalty is unmatchable hassle free service compared to other voip service providers. Vonage has started offering $9.99 per month for unlimited phone calls plan to all its new and existing customers.
Vonage for iPhone and Android Smartphones For Free Calls and Text
Well since Vonage has been around for a long time, it is not surprising that they were one of the many VoIP providers who jumped right at the Smartphone App era. They launched an app for the iPhone and Android app stores to enable people even more flexibility as far as calling and now even texting is concerned. Blackberry users may not be able to enjoy this feature but with the launch of the much talked about Blackberry OS 10, we will just have to wait for that to change.
So coming back to the smartphone app- called the Vonage Mobile is a free app that is available for download through the iPhone and Android app stores for free. It allows you to not only make free high-def calls to anyone who has the app but also send free text message to your “vonage contacts”
The application behaves in the same way as other such applications such as Viber, Oovoo, and netTalk. It scans your contacts list and if any of your contacts is already on Vonage you can call them using Vonage app directly, even internationally. If not you can still call them through the application but the calls are only free to people who have the Vonage app. The app uses wifi and 3G/4G to make calls so if you have a data plan you are good to go.
In case you want people to download this app, all you need to do is invite people right through your app. It will scan your contact list and list you the people who do not have the app and let you invite them to download the app. For calling those people who don’t have a smartphone ( rare these days, isn’t it?), you don’t have to sweat too much. You can still call them at the low international calling rates that Vonage offers.
Features of the new Vonage free calling and texting app
- Available for both iOS based devices (iPod touch, iPhone, iPad) and Android phones
- Free calls and texts fto anyone with the app anywhere in the world. Vonage is available in about 100 different countries
- High def calls right from the app without having to dial a pin
- Ability to text photos, contact information and even location information right from the app
- Make in-app purchases through your iTunes or Google Play account
- Make Free Calls to Vonage Home Phone users
- Make calls while travelling abroad using the wifi option
- The caller ID would read as your mobile number so everyone would know its you who is calling
- Allows using Bluetooth on the go to make those easy hands free calls ( for the people who call when driving, this might be a great way to keep those hands where they are supposed to be, on the steering wheel )
Special offers and Referals
For a very limited time, Vonage Mobile is offering absolutely free calls to any landline or mobile phone in the U.S, Canada and Puerto Rico. The limit for the free calls is its restricted to 3000 minutes per month. Well that’s a lot wouldn’t you say?
As far as referrals is concerned, Vonage doesnt offer much, but for every friend you refer via sms and who downloads the app, you get $1 credit. There is a limit of $10. This might seem very little but just for asking someone to download to the app, well its not at all a bad deal.
Dont forget the main thing though- Not everyone can just download and use the app. You have to have a Vonage account to actually use the app.
For more information on Vonage and other many ways to make cheap and free calls, check out our website CorVoIP.