If you are using any wireless carrier service it is mostly a compromise – you either have an ordinary phone with cheap phone plan or you have a phone of your choice but you pay little extra for the wireless services with limited number of minutes, text messages, and data. Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could combine the both and get the service of former but the device of latter? This is possible now through Straight Talk. Straight talk is offering BYOD (Bring your own device) with $5 for unlimited wireless minutes, unlimited local and long distance text messages (no international texting included), and unlimited data to surf Internet the way you want.
Read our latest article on Straight Talk to get more recent information about this offer.
Unlimited minutes, unlimited text messages, and unlimited data plan for $45
If you are with AT&T or T-Mobile only because you love the phone they offer, then you can break the bonds and embrace Straight Talk. Straight talk has started offering bring your own device service where you can use an AT&T, T-Mobile, or other unlocked GSM phones with their service. The good part is that Straight Talk runs off AT&T so you get the same coverage as AT&T as well as same speed for internet. It is like still staying with AT&T but paying way less for way more.
For instance, if you are an apple fanboi with an Apple iPhone and love it to the core you can now bring it to Straight Talk and pay only $45 per month for unlimited everything.
How does it work
- Bring an AT&T or T-Mobile GSM phone or an unlocked GSM phone that supports 850 and 1950 MHz frequencies. If your phone is not very special in some ways other than ordinary it should support those frequencies.
- Buy the unlimited everything bundle and a Straight Talk sim card to go with it.
- Your sim card will come with an activation guide. Use it to activate your card.
- You need to change your APN settings or other data settings for your phone (Read details below).
- Refill your card – remember it is a prepaid service so there are no contracts
Details for APN or data settings
Every carrier has its own APN settings for every device that uses its data. Here are the settings you need for your phone:
NAME straight talk
MMS PROXY 220.127.116.11
MMS PORT 80