Internet abounds with praises for Obihai’s devices, specifically Obi100 and Obi110. We have posted in past about how to use Obihai devices as a free home phone using Google voice. However, there is more to Obihai Google Voice combo than we covered in last post. Moreover, there are two devices now Obihai Obi100 and Obihai Obi110, you should read this post to know which one you should get.
Why you should consider Obihai Google Voice Combo
Google Voice is a free phone solution right from your Gmail Inbox if you are in USA. Google Voice is free to use without any registration or monthly fee, at least till the end of 2011 and we firmly believe Google will continue to offer it free as a bonus to use Gmail. When you couple Google voice with Obihai you get a very versatile home phone solution. If you want us to list a few features of Obihai Google Voice combo following comes to mind:
- Unlimited calls to USA and Canada from anywhere using Internet
- Save money on your landline phone and mobile minutes
- Connect all and any phone to this number and stay worry free about missing calls
- You should also read our post on 5 reasons to consider Google Voice , all those features come with this Obihai Google voice combo too.
What is Obihai made of
Obihai technology inc. is the company that brought us the Obi service which essentially is a combination of four components:
- The hardware itself – Obi100 and Obi110 both available at Amazon for cheap prices.
- The mobile application for Obihai OBiON, for both Android and iPhone platforms.
- The Desktop application for Obihai OBiAPP.
- The cloud interface for Obihai OBiTALK.
The pictorial representation of this gamut of options to use Obihai google voice combo is given in the following diagram
The Obihai devices Obi100 Vs Obi110
The main distinguishing feature of Obi110 is that it has a Line port (FXO – Foreign Exchange Office) to connect to your regular incoming PSTN line while Obi100 does not have that port which also makes it smaller (trendier?). If you wonder why would you get the bulkier device than the smaller one is that the Obi100 can not connect your PSTN line to your Voip setup. That is you can not connect your landline to your Obi device. If you only want to use Google voice and have no interest in getting a landline phone you are good with Obi100.
How to get ObiHai
Obihai is available at Amazon for a cheap price of around $43 for Obi100, and $49-$59 for Obi110. We would recommend Obi110 because it doesn’t hurt to leave your options open. Use following links to buy these devices from Amazon. Once you have received your Obihai devices you can continue with the step by step tutorial to use Obihai with google voice.